9/25/2014

Breakfast Cookies!!!

Ok my kids are picky, yup I said it. PICKY. Im not sure if its my fault or not but I am trying hard to replace the things they do love to eat that might not be so great for them with healthier versions. One of these things is what we call breakfast cookies, you can find them in the cracker/cookie aisle and while they do contain fiber, whole grains and a good source of B-vitamin I knew I could do better. Plus my wallet will thank me. ;)

Breakfast Cookies

1 mashed banana
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup natural PB
1 cup oats
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup rye/wheat flour
1 tsp chia seeds
1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (I used Herbalife Vanilla PDM)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup mini choc chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine banana, PB, honey and vanilla. Set aside.
In a small bowl combine flour, oats, chia seeds, vanilla protein, cinnamon and baking soda.
Stir the oats mixture into the banana mixture 1/4 cup at a time until fully combined.
Stir in cranberries and mini choc chips.

Place scoopfuls onto sprayed cookie sheet, these will not rise or change shape so using damp hands or utensils form them into the shape you would like.

Cook for 14 min or until brown. Transfer to cooling rack.
Store in airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 3 days or freeze. Thaw before eating


She Approves!!!! Went in for seconds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment