9/12/2014

10 years ago.

I recently started running, its something I never thought I would do. I have never been the "athletic" type. I am blown away by how much I love it. Now that I am fueled by the best products in the world I have the energy and stamina for running. I don't listen to music or anything, I like to listen to the sounds around me. I also like to think and clear my mind. There is a hill on the route that I take and I always have to stop about 1/2 way up and walk, the other day on the advice of a friend I went as fast as I could and hauled ass up the hill. I made it all that way and couldn't of been more proud of myself. It also made me realize just how far I have come. 10 years ago when I first started dating my now wonderful husband he took me on an amazing vacation to St. Lucia. Our resort was built into the side of a mountain, it was gorgeous. Being where it was there was no beach, we had to walk down to the resort below ours and use the beach there. On the walk back up I almost didn't make it, I had to stop many times and was so out of breath and honestly it was very embarrassing. Here i am on vacation with a new boyfriend and I am a mess. 26 years old, overweight, unhealthy, un-active, and obviously didn't take care of myself at all. It took 10 years but I have finally decided its time to take care of me, I take care of my family day in and day out but I never took care of ME. Thank You Herbalife for finding me. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration, Deirdra! Maybe one day soon, we can run together. Keep going and thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Rachel! I would love to run together.
      Thank you for inspiring me to write on my blog!! :)

      Delete